Mini-makers – a full program for kids!
and adults too….
So many of our exhibitors are passionate about teaching children their craft – onsite, there will be a number of diverse “have-a-go” activities for children … and adults too! FREE event entry to 15 years and under.
- coppersmithing – offers projects for all ages, from 4yrs to seniors, throughout the event
- leather working – conducting projects throughout the event, kids to seniors
- papermaking – make a sheet(s) of paper and have it/them sent to the maker when they are dry and ironed (small donation for postage)
- mosaics – design you own potstand / paver using magnetic tiles on a magnetic whiteboard
- weaving – have a go at weaving on a loom
- knitting – learn the stitches and casting on
- lapidary – lucky dips, pet rocks, more!
- signwriting – got a steady hand? Have-a-go at traditional signwriting with paints and brushes
- lead lighting – explore stained glass patterns and the how-to’s of this ancient craft
Children's craft workshop with Gympie CWA
Bling up a bauble or dot-art a bookmark with the skilled ladies at Gympie CWA
A make-n-take workshop – $10 per child, and your MiniMaker can proudly take their creation home!
8 years old and over – under 8’s to be accompanied by an adult. Workshop 30 – 45 minutes. 8 students maximum per session.
Saturday July 1, 10am and 2pm, and Sunday July 2, 10am – register at the CWA site, ground floor, Gympie’s Pavilion at the event.
and a Mini-Makers Quest!
There’s also a Mini-Makers Quest – enter at the info stall in the Pavilion, ground floor, and get your Mini-Makers Quest Map! Prizes to be won, and the major prize of a Family Pass onboard the Mary Valley Rattler!
Bring your young family along to try their hand! Keep checking back for the full program.
The Makers’ Fair Woodcraft Arena is presented by Carbatec, the home of Woodworking
This project received funding assistance from the Gympie Regional Council’s Community Grants Program 2022/2023